For performing labor activity in Kazakhstan a foreign chief executive (director) should obtain a relevant work permit in advance. Such work permit is issued for the first category for a period of 1, 2, 3 years with the right of extension for the same period. Work visa of C3 category is issued based on work permit accordingly.
However, according to the existing regulations, work permit is not required for the chief executive of the company in some cases. For example, if he/she works as:
1) Head of the Branch of Representative office of a foreign legal entity in Kazakhstan;
2) Director of the Kazakhstan legal entity with 100 % of foreign shares in the company;
3) Chief executive of the company which signed an investment contract with the Kazakhstan Government for more than 50 million US Dollars investments;
4) Director of the Kazakhstan company which carries out investment activities in the priority activities and which has signed a contract with the authorized investment body;
5) Is a citizen of the member states of the Eurasian Economic Union (Kyrgyzstan, Russia, Armenia and Belarus).
What type of visa should a foreign chief executive apply for in case of exemption from work permit? So, in order to enter or stay in the country, a foreigner should apply for:
- C3 work visa – for foreign citizens specified in the above paragraphs 1-2.
- A5 investor visa – for foreign citizens specified in paragraphs 3-4.
- Temporary residence permit (RVP) – for the category of citizens specified in paragraph 5.
If you require any further information, please feel free to contact us.