It happens that a foreigner who is in Kazakhstan is required to replace the existing passport with a new one. In our practice, there were similar appeals from citizens of India, Great Britain and the USA. There are several reasons for this:
What to do in this situation?
- passport expires
- no free pages in the current document
- passport or individual pages in it are damaged (for example, by a washing machine)
1. It is required to contact the embassy of the country of the citizenship.
At the embassy, it is required to find out a detailed list of documents for replacing a passport by a new one, the deadline for submitting an application and its consideration.
2. Diplomatic embassies of foreign countries in Kazakhstan are located in two cities - in Astana and Almaty. Therefore, it would not be superfluous to immediately specify, whether the presence of the applicant is necessary. Some embassies require the personal presence of their citizens, others practice working with a trustee.
Therefore, in the first case, we recommend that you plan your trip in advance, if you stay or work in another region of Kazakhstan. In the second case, it is required to determine the person who will represent your interests in the embassy, and issue a corresponding power of attorney in advance.
You can also assign these questions to professional migration consultants, who will prepare all the attached documents and accompany you at the embassy or represent your interests under the power of attorney.
3. To submit and review the application, it is required to complete all the forms and submit them to the embassy. When receiving documents, it is required also to submit the original of a valid passport. After reviewing the embassy officer will return it.
4. The term of consideration and registration of a new passport is on average 20 calendar days and varies depending on the place of registration of the old passport.
5. When the passport is ready, you or your authorized person will need to return to the embassy. Upon receipt, it is required to re-submit the old passport, which in some cases is canceled, but returned to the owner along with the new passport. WPK recommendation.
After receiving a new passport, immediately notify the company in which you work in Kazakhstan. Remember, as the receiving party, the company is responsible for your stay in the country. Including, for the correct indication of passport data when renewing your work permit, visa, registration at the migration police office.